How you'll be spending your time How you'll be spending your time

If Japanese is your single Honours language, you must spend a minimum of 30 weeks in Japan between the second and final year of your degree.

If you are a double honours student taking one of your degree languages from below A level, you will normally spend your entire year in the country of the weaker language. It is strongly recommended that students follow at least some modules in the stronger language in their university placement and/or spend the summer working or studying in the country of the other language. We can provide support and advice on this.

Studying at a Japanese University

We maintain strong relationships with universities across Japan. For a list of universities, visit

Useful websites

Articles by fellow students about study abroad and student life in Japan.

Comprehensive Living Guide for Foreign Residents in Japan. A useful guide to all aspects of life in Japan