Social Sciences Faculty Research PhD Studentships are offered to prospective candidates from the academic year 2017/8.
The Studentships will be available under the Scheme to applicants who, in their research proposal, can clearly demonstrate academic excellence in areas relevant to the strategic interests of the School of Education and Lifelong Learning.
We invite applications in our three key Educational Domains:
- Pedagogy, Curriculum and Professional Learning (PCP). Contact: Professor Elena Nardi, Professor Terry Haydn
- Education and International Development. Contact: Professor Anna Robinson-Pant
- Lifelong Learning Cultures Contact: Professor Richard Andrews, Professor Victoria Carrington.
Each Domain contains a number of specialist foci:
- PCP: Mathematics Education; English Curriculum and Pedagogy; History Curriculum and Pedagogy; Sport and Physical Education; Archiving Education Research; Lesson Learning Studies.
- EID: Lifelong Learning, Adult Literacy and International Development (supported by the UEA UNESCO Chair in Adult Literacy and Learning for Social Transformation); Internationalisation and HE; HE Policy in the International Context; Minority Groups and Mobility.
- LLC: Informal Learning in a range of Communities and Contexts; Youth Cultures and Identities; Digital and Popular Cultures; Multimodality in Poetics; e-Learning Theory; Public Pedagogies and Gender.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to consult the research expertise and interests page to find a suitable primary supervisor for their area of research.
International students are welcome to apply; a small number of studentships will be available to cover full international fees.
Applications for all studentships are invited from suitably qualified graduates. Candidates should typically hold, or expect to hold, a first degree with a minimum of 2:1 and a Master’s degree with research methods training appropriate to the discipline, with a dissertation mark of at least 65%. Candidates applying for a 1+3 studentship should hold or expect to hold a relevant undergraduate degree. Candidates who have studied outside of the UK should typically hold, or expect to hold, qualifications at an equivalent level to those mentioned above. Candidates will be interviewed, usually via telephone or Skype, as part of the selection process. EU and International applicants may be required to provide evidence of competence in the English Language.
To be considered for this award, you should make an application for admission to a PhD research programme through our online application process, but you should indicate the intention to be considered for an open studentship under the Postgraduate Studentships Scheme.
For specific queries about the fit of your research proposal with School research priorities and/or availability of supervisors, please contact either Professor Anna Robinson-Pant or a potential supervisor from within the School of Education and Lifelong Learning.
For more general enquiries, or for questions about the application process, please contact the UEA PGR Office:
Telephone: +44 (0)1603 591709
Please follow this link to access the online application form.
For further information please contact:
Postgraduate Research Office (SSF)
Elizabeth Fry Building 2.30
University of East Anglia
Norwich Research Park
Telephone: +44 (0)1603 591709
ESRC SeNSS Doctoral Training Partnership Studentships
The University of East Anglia invites applications for Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) funded studentship awards for the 2018-19 academic year. As a member of the South East Network for Social Sciences (SeNSS), a social sciences focused research and doctoral training partnership (DTP) funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), UEA will be offering fully-funded doctoral studentships over the next six years across 12 different training pathways.
For Further information about ESCR SeNSS studentships please visit senss-dtp.ac.uk/#senss
Applications for 2018/19 entry will be open from the 2nd October 2017. For queries related to ESRC SeNSS, please contact the PGR Service via firstname.lastname@example.org
UEA Alumni 10% Scholarships
A scholarship of a 10% fee reduction is available to UEA Alumni looking to return for postgraduate study at UEA in September 2017. Terms and conditions apply.