We are a top tier, research-led university and are committed to making a substantial impact on the global challenges facing society. Our postgraduate researchers have opportunities to work at the heart of active research teams, challenging boundaries and making real advances.
Staff research interests in Environmental Sciences include:
- Climate research and climate change
- Ecology and environmental biology
- Environmental economics and ecosystem services
- Geosciences and natural hazards
- Human and physical geography of the environment
- Ocean and atmospheric sciences
- Science, society and sustainability
Working closely with an academic supervisor gives you the support to carry out your own independent research and make your own mark. We have a wealth of remarkable academics, but how do you know which team will be right for you?
We suggest you look at the School's website, check out some academics and read up on some of their publications. We recommend that you identify at least one member of staff at UEA who might be your supervisor and that you contact them, to express your interest and discuss your research proposal.
You will need to submit a research proposal of no more than 1500 words with your application.
Find out more on the Environmental Sciences web pages [LINK /about/school-of-environmental-sciences].