Santander Universities is offering up to £25,000 of seed funding for new business ideas and existing start-ups through the Santander Universities Entrepreneurship Awards. Other prizes include access to a mentor and a fully-funded intern, as well as £10,000-15,000 funding for the runner up!
UEA is very fortunate to be one of Santander’s partner universities, giving you the chance to apply.
Who can apply?
- Students or alumni who have graduated within the last five years
- Applicants can be individuals or groups
- Students or alumni over 18 years of age
- Applicants must have the right to legally reside in the UK
- Applicants must own at least 50% of the business in question.
What you need to do next
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday 20 March:
- A two minute video outlining the idea behind your business, with a clear explanation of the problem that you're solving for customers, and how winning the competition would help your business grow
- A completed business model canvas which gives an insight into the inner workings of your business/idea.
Key dates, 2017
- 20 March: Submit your application to email@example.com
- Week commencing 3 April: Review panel to select one 'pre-revenue' and one 'post-revenue' application as UEA's submission for the award
- 15 May: Santander will announce the businesses and ideas shortlisted for the next round
- 26 - 30 June: Regional heats for shortlisted businesses to take place
- 10 - 15 July: Up to 12 finalists will be invited for an accelerator week
- October: National finals in London, with a judging panel of leading entrepreneurs, academics and business leaders.
Download the award information pack for further details, including the assessment criteria and full list of prizes. For the first stage, you will need to use the Business Model Canvas template and Satander's guide to designing your canvas.
If you have any questions regarding the award, please contact Student Enterprise on firstname.lastname@example.org.