Santander Universities is offering up to £25,000 of equity-free seed funding for two new business ideas, one technology and one non-tech, through the Santander Universities Entrepreneurship Awards. Other prizes include access to a mentor and a fully-funded intern, as well as £15,000 of funding for the runner up!
UEA is very fortunate to be one of Santander’s partner universities, giving you the chance to apply.
Who can apply?
- Students or alumni who have graduated within two years of the date of submission
- Applicants can be individuals or groups
- Applicants must have the right to legally reside in the UK
- Throughout the process applicants must be legally residing within the UK
- All businesses taking part in the competition must be registered UK companies
- Applications that are currently in the idea stage must have all intentions of creating a UK registered company
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Students or alumni must own a material share in the business and be responsible for the direction and leadership of the organisation. This would normally include holding the title of CEO, Founder or Co-Founder.
What you need to do next
Book an appointment to meet with one of the Student Enterprise team, pop in or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit the following to email@example.com by 9am, Monday 16 April
- A two minute video outlining the idea behind your business, with a clear explanation of the problem that you're solving for customers, and how winning the competition would help your business grow
- A completed business model canvas which gives an insight into the inner workings of your business/idea. Please follow the guide for completing the canvas.
Key dates, 2018
- 9am, Monday 16 April: Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Week commencing 23 April: Review panel to select one 'pre-revenue' and one 'post-revenue' application as UEA's submission for the award
- 15 May: Santander will announce the businesses and ideas shortlisted for the next round
- 25 - 29 June: Regional heats for shortlisted businesses to take place
- 16 - 20 July: Up to 12 finalists will be invited for an accelerator week
- 4 October: National finals in London, with a judging panel of leading entrepreneurs, academics and business leaders.
Download the award information pack for further details, including the assessment criteria and full list of prizes. For the first stage, you will need to use the Business Model Canvas template and Santander's guide to completing your canvas.
If you have any questions regarding the awards, please contact Student Enterprise on email@example.com.