Stand out from the crowd
Taking part in i-Teams can help you boost your skills and stand out to prospective employers. It is a chance to work collaboratively with industry professionals and add value to a real invention as part of a fun, hands-on team.
What will I learn?
You will gain the hands-on experience and satisfaction of "learning by doing", working on a real project where your ideas and conclusions will influence future directions and outcomes.
You will gain skills including:
- Team work & team management
- Identifying the key commercial benefits of a technology or product innovation
- Identifying relevant competitors and potential collaborators
- Identifying and contacting relevant industry experts
- Using and developing your own network of contacts
- Cold calling and extracting useful information from commercial contacts
- Analysing incomplete data from a variety of sources to draw a justifiable conclusion
- Presentation skills for a non-expert audience
In addition, everyone that completes the programme will receive a certificate, and Masters and PhD students will receive PPD points.
The programme includes workshops and a presentation by an entrepreneur, and i-Teams members also benefit from the opportunity to participate in Norwich – Cambridge linked activities.
At the end of the programme, you will present your conclusions to a mixed university and industry audience.