MoveTech Telemetry offers cutting-edge tracking devices for scientific research and conservation. Using solar powered, low-cost and highly efficient GPS/GSM devices, data can be remotely transmitted via GPRS on over 400 networks globally –including temperature, location and accelerometer readings.
- High-precision GPS fixes & transmission via the mobile internet
- High efficiency & low-light solar charging
- Built by experts in bird tracking
- No external antennae required
- Network agnostic worldwide SIMs
- Memory capable of storing over 60,000 records
- Settings updateable via GPRS or SMS
Movetech brings together expertise from the University of East Anglia, the British Trust for Ornithology (BTO), the University of Lisbon, and the University of Porto to provide cutting-edge tracking devices for scientific research projects. Tags have been used successfully on a wide variety of bird species ranging from raptors, storks, gannets, boobies, frigatebirds, bustards, and gulls.
This technology will offer light, efficient and long-lasting devices to be made that can transmit data worldwide, incorporating a new lightweight PCB, solar cells, housing, and battery.
Team led by Dr Aldina Franco
Image sourced from: www.uea.ac.uk/movetech