Help to Grow: Management is an applied course supporting managers and leaders of small and medium sized businesses (SMEs).
Learn new skills, boost your profits and improve business performance, resilience, and long-term growth. Delivered by Norwich Business School, the programme is accredited by the Small Business Charter, with funding support from HM Government.
The curriculum will support you to build your capabilities in leadership, innovation, digital adoption, employee engagement, marketing, responsible business, and financial management. You will receive one-to-one support from a business mentor, and by the end of the course you will have developed a tailored growth action plan to help release the full potential of your organisation.
The 12-week programme is 90% funded, meaning the fee payable by participants is £750. Help to Grow: Management has been designed to fit alongside full-time work commitments and will be delivered with a mix of virtual and face-to-face classes.
Read the Help to Grow: Management brochure to find out more.
- Enhance your management and strategic capabilities
- Boost performance, resilience and long-term growth
- Produce a growth plan for your business
- Develop your value proposition and reach into growth markets
- Improve employee engagement and responsible business practices
- Adopt digital technologies to boost productivity and operational agility
- Learn how to innovate in your business
- Be a small or medium-sized business (SME) based in the UK (employing 5-249 people)
- Have been operational for at least one year
- Not be a charity
- Be a chief executive, owner/founder, or member of the senior management team with at least one direct report
Designed to be undertaken alongside full-time work, the course is structured over 12 weeks, a time commitment is 50 hours.
It uses a combination of online and face-to-face sessions alongside case study workshops to give you the opportunity to apply the concepts being taught to real-life situations faced by business leaders like you.
The course is built around a practical curriculum and been designed to help you to create a tailored business plan to begin implementing immediately.
The programme will cover key areas of leadership including:
- Strategy and innovation
- Growing national and international markets
- Leading for high performance
- Building vision and brand
- Engaging and inspiring teams
- Creating customer value
- Adopting digital technology
- Adopting responsible business practices
- Financial management
- Eight facilitated online two-hour sessions
- Four practical and interactive case study workshops
- 10 hours of one-to-one personalised support from a mentor, to develop your business growth plan
- Eight hours of peer networking, including peer group calls that give you the opportunity to share experiences with a small group of other small business leaders
- Access to the Alumni Programme featuring events with inspirational speakers, business clinics and networking events
50 Hoursof leadership training across 12 weeks
1:1 Mentoring10 hours of business mentoring
90% FundedHM Government funding means you pay just £750 per person
Course module dates and times
Onboarding Session Monday 28th November 2022, 12:00pm-2:00pm online
- Module 1 - Strategy and Innovation Wednesday 30th November 2022, 3:00pm-5:00pm online
- Module 2 - Digital Adoption Wednesday 7th December 2022, 3:00pm-5:00pm online
- Module 3 - Internationalisation and Winning New Markets - Case Study Wednesday 14th December 2022, 4:00pm-8:00pm at The Enterprise Centre, UEA
- Module 4 - Vision, Mission and Values Wednesday 4th January 2023, 3:00pm-5:00pm online
- Module 5 - Developing a Marketing Strategy Wednesday 11th January 2023, 3:00pm-5:00pm online
- Module 6 - Building a Brand Case Study Wednesday 18th January 2023, 4:00pm-8:00pm at The Enterprise Centre, UEA
- Module 7 - Organisational Design Wednesday 25th January 2023, 3:00pm-5:00pm online
- Module 8 - Employee Engagement and Leading Change Wednesday 1st February 2023, 3:00pm-5:00pm online
- Module 9 - High Performance Workplace - Case Study Wednesday 8th February 2023, 4:00pm-8:00pm at The Enterprise Centre, UEA
- Module 10 - Efficient Operations Wednesday 15th February 2023, 3:00pm-5:00pm online
- Module 11 - Finance and Financial Management Wednesday 22nd February 2023, 3:00pm-5:00pm online
- Module 12 - Implementing Growth Plans - Case Study Wednesday 1st March 2023, 4:00pm-8:00pm at The Enterprise Centre, UEA
Onboarding Session Monday 9 January 2023 (face to face sessions at Hethel Innovation Centre)
Onboarding Session Monday 6 February 2023 (face to face sessions at EEEGR Gorleston)
Onboarding Session Monday 6 March 2023 (face to face sessions location tbc)