There are two main ways to volunteer that support the University – simply by providing a career profile, and by participating in careers events.
Provide a full career profile
Do you love what you do? Are you proud of what you have achieved since leaving UEA?
Why not share your story with the UEA community and help inspire other UEA students and alumni? Your experience and insight can be a great example for others who are graduating from your school of study, or who are looking to enter a similar profession. It is also a great opportunity to share your story with the UEA community.
Feel free to give as much detailed information as you can in your profile about your professional path and life after UEA. In order to help you, we have created an online survey with a list of questions which can guide you and allow you to give your best answers. Submitting your photo also makes you more approachable to the students or alumni reading your profile.
What will happen to my profile?
The alumni team will assess your profile and decide on the ways that can be used. It may be uploaded on the alumni website or the alumni pages on social media, used as a case study by careers or used in the University’s promotional material.
Average time commitment: 1-3 hours per year
Who will contact me? Alumni office, Marketing office, Career Services
Participate in career events
Whether you live in the UK or you are on the other side of the world, there is always a way to inspire current students or recent graduates and help them find their own path. UEA Careers Service organises numerous career events and they need alumni who are able to provide an insight on their sector or job market.
If are living and working abroad and want to share your knowledge and expertise, don’t worry. There are a variety of events where you can speak with students, and participate in events through Skype.
Average time commitment: About 2-10 hours per year
Who will contact me? Alumni office, Careers
What you would be expected to do
- Participate in career events organised by the Careers Services in person or through Skype
- Communicate on a regular basis before the event with the alumni office and the careers
- Prepare yourself as much as you can for the event
- Use your own social media accounts to promote the event
What we can offer
- LinkedIn recommendation written by the Alumni Relations manager or someone from the careers. Once the event finish, we will able to endorse your skills and write a recommendation for you on LinkedIn
- Networking. You will have the opportunity to connect with the University’s representatives as well as with UEA’s current students and recent alumni.
For more information about specific volunteering opportunities, visit the Career’s Services website.