UEA is a city within a city. We have everything here, from cafés and cash machines to banks and bookshops, so you’ll never have to travel any farther than you need to make the very most of your UEA stay. If you do want to head into Norwich - the City of Stories - we have regular buses that’ll take you right from campus, or let us know and we can call a taxi for you.
Food and drink...
Even though Norwich is well-known for its thriving independent restaurants, bars and cafés, you won’t have to go all the way into town to find great places to eat and drink.
Your choices here on campus are:
- INTO - is just a short walk from Broadview Lodge and serves Full English and Continental breakfast. Later in the day, INTO offers fresh foods inspired by dishes from around the world. The menu is updated daily and includes vegetarian options and a selection of sides and soup.
- The Sainsbury Centre Modern Life Café, which boasts stunning vistas across the inspirational, modern sculpture garden and delicious snacks and hot meals.
- The Campus Kitchen, for your choice of mouthwatering specials and vegetarian treats, as well as hot and cold drinks served throughout the day.
- The Blend, a relaxed coffee bar with a fantastic selection of street eats.
- Ziggy’s, our lively espresso bar in the heart of the UEA campus.
- The Sportscafé at the Sportspark, where you can enjoy quality snacks, freshly prepared meals, or a revitalising drink.
- The Union Pub, which serves local real-ales, premium pints, and wine.
If you do want to venture further afield and experience some of the local, Norwich gems, we’ll be happy to help find the right place for you.
...and your everyday luxuries
Just off the campus’ main square, The Street is our hub of everyday amenities. Along this bustling walkway, you’ll find:
- A Barclays bank and ATM
- Two bars (please bring your room key along to gain entry)
- A newsagents, Post Office, and supermarket
- A Waterstones bookshop
- And a laundrette
An inspirational public museum, The Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts houses collections that span 5,000 years of human creativity. Along with the Sainsbury Collection, the centre hosts many touring exhibitions throughout the year and has stunning gardens that surround the purpose-built gallery. It’s the largest climate-controlled exhibition space in Eastern England and opens to the public six days a week.
The £30 million Sportspark at UEA caters to every level of fitness ability and ambition. It boasts some of the best sports facilities in the country, including an Olympic-sized swimming pool, a state-of-the-art fitness centre, and courts for squash, tennis, and badminton. (Local charges apply).