Committee Secretary: Mr Ian Callaghan, telephone 01603 59(2227) / email email@example.com
Governance Office: Mrs Rebecca Phillips, telephone 01603 59(3203) / firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chair of the Council (Chair) - Ms Laura McGillivray (Interim Appointment)
The Deputy Chair of Council - Dr Kathryn Skoyles (2021)
A further Independent member of the Council - Mr Jeremy Clayton (2022)
The Vice-Chancellor - Professor David Richardson
Secretary - Chief Resource Officer and University Secretary (Mr Ian Callaghan)
Terms of Reference
1) To make recommendations to the Council for the appointment of independent members to the Council.
2) To appoint Council members to Council boards and committees.
3) To ensure the University follows best practice in governance matters including:
a. maintaining an over-arching view on corporate governance of the institution and its subsidiary companies and joint ventures;
b. monitoring the implementation of the outcomes of periodic reviews of Council Effectiveness;
c. to consider recommendations received from the Committee of University Chairs in respect of governance;
d. overseeing periodic reviews of Council Effectiveness.
4) The Committee may establish working groups for particular purposes and in particular the periodic reviews of Council Effectiveness and co-opt additional members to such working groups.
5) To consider any other matters that Council may ask the Committee to address.
Please note that the Governance Committee is confidential and therefore no documents will appear online.