Governance Office: Mrs Rebecca Phillips, telephone 01603 59(3203), email email@example.com
The Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Arts and Humanities) (Chair) - Professor Sarah Barrow
Director of Student Services - Dr Jon Sharp
Chief Resource Officer - Mr Ian Callaghan
Director of Estates and Facilities - Mr Roger Bond
Director of People and Culture - Ms Helen Wiseman
Director of Information Technology - Mr Mark Barry
Head of Corporate Communications - Mr Mark Covell
Head of Staff and Educational Development Human Resources Manager - Ms Amanda Giles (Deputy Ms Gurpreet Gill)
Acting Head of Equality and Diversity - Mr Matthew Gooch
Human Resources Manager - Ms Santha Forder
Academic Director of Inclusive Education - Professor Helena Gillespie
Assistant Head of Planning (WP and BIU) - Mrs Rebecca Price (Deputy Ms Charlotte Wheatland)
Assistant Head of Marketing - Ms Holly Mudie) (Deputy Mr Chris Hill)
Head of Student Services (Wellbeing) - Ms Claire Pratt
Black, Asian and Minority Ethic Staff Network Chair - Mrs Jumara Stone (Mrs Rita Dattani - Co-Chair who may attend instead of Jumara)
Staff Pride Chair - Ms Michele Pavey
Access All Areas Representative - TBC
Independent Member of Council - Ms Laura McGillivray (Interim Appointment)
Faculty Representatives (One member of academic staff from each Faculty)
Arts and Humanities : Mr John Tully (Deputy TBC)
Medicine and Health Sciences: Professor Dylan Edwards (Deputy TBC)
Science: Professor Mark Searcey (Deputy Mrs Laura McGonagle)
Social Sciences: Dr Joanne Ashman (Deputy Amanda Dorr)
Representative from INTO - Mr Simon Duckworth
Trades Union Representatives (only 2 from those listed would attend the meeting) - UNISON (Richard Carey-Knight), UCU (Katherine Deane), UNITE (Mr Trevor Bellward)
The Welfare, Community and Diversity Officer of the Union of UEA Students Ms Emily Anderson (2021)
In attendance: Head of Advice and Student Rights Ms Lucy Aspey
Secretary - Mr Rob Drury
Terms of Reference
1. To advise the Council and the Executive Team on the fulfilment of the University’s statutory obligations in respect of equality and diversity and to recommend policy for approval.
2. To ensure that institutional frameworks, schemes, action plans, initiatives and policies are achievable, effective, properly owned and translated into action.
3. To establish such sub committees as the Committee deems appropriate.
4. To consider staff and student profile data with a view to a) informing decisions about the allocation and use of resources and b) ensuring the institution is operating equitably.
5. To keep abreast of developments and disseminate information on equality and diversity across the University so that capacity is built on equality issues in all areas.
6. To establish two-way communication with staff and student networks to ensure their views are sought and represented as appropriate.
7. To keep under review membership of the Committee and make recommendations accordingly to Council.