Governance Office: Mrs Rebecca Phillips, email email@example.com
The Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Arts and Humanities) (Chair) - Professor Sarah Barrow
Chief Resource Officer - Mr Ian Callaghan
Director of Student Services - Dr Jon Sharp
Director of Estates and Facilities - Mr Stephen Wells
Director of People and Culture - Ms Helen Wiseman
Director of Information Technology - Mr Stephen Kirk
Associate Director of Content and Communications - Mrs Caroline Mayers
Head of Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing - Mr Matthew Gooch
Associate Pro-Vice-Chancellor Student Inclusion - Professor Helena Gillespie
Assistant Head of Planning (WP and BIU) - Mr Joe Jameson & Mrs Becky Price* (until replacement appointed) (Deputy Ms Charlotte Wheatland)
Assistant Head of Marketing - Ms Holly Mudie (Deputy Mr Chris Hill)
Head of Student Services (Wellbeing) - Ms Claire Pratt
Black, Asian and Minority Ethic Staff Network Chair - Ayane Hida
Staff Pride Chair - Ms Michele Pavey
Chair of RESNET - Dr Gill Malin
Access All Areas Representative - Lydia Blake
Independent Member of Council - Dr Sally Howes OBE
Faculty Representatives (One member of academic staff from each Faculty)
Arts and Humanities : Mr John Tully (Deputy TBC)
Medicine and Health Sciences: Professor Charles ffrench-Constant) (Deputy Mr Steve Chapman / Ms Brigitte Nelson)
Science: Professor Mark Searcey (Deputy Mrs Laura McGonagle)
Social Sciences: Ms Amanda Dorr
Representative from INTO - Mr Simon Duckworth
Trades Union Representatives (only 2 from those listed would attend the meeting) - UNISON (Jacob Millard), UCU (Katherine Deane), UNITE (Jimmy Cross)
The Welfare, Community and Diversity Officer of the Union of UEA Students - Mr Aaron Campbell
Terms of Reference
1. To advise the Council and the Executive Team on the fulfilment of the University’s statutory obligations in respect of equality and diversity and to recommend policy for approval.
2. To ensure that institutional frameworks, schemes, action plans, initiatives and policies are achievable, effective, properly owned and translated into action.
3. To establish such sub committees as the Committee deems appropriate.
4. To consider staff and student profile data with a view to a) informing decisions about the allocation and use of resources and b) ensuring the institution is operating equitably.
5. To keep abreast of developments and disseminate information on equality and diversity across the University so that capacity is built on equality issues in all areas.
6. To establish two-way communication with staff and student networks to ensure their views are sought and represented as appropriate.
7. To keep under review membership of the Committee and make recommendations accordingly to Council.