Governance Office: Mrs Rebecca Phillips, email email@example.com
Pro-Vice Chancellor, Faculty of Arts and Humanities
and Executive Team Lead for Equality Diversity and Inclusion (Professor Sarah Barrow)
Secretary: (in attendance)
Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Project Co-ordinator (Mrs Janice Ogonji) (Minutes)
Pro-Vice Chancellor, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences (Professor Charles ffrench-Constant)
Deputy: (Mr Steve Chapman/Ms Brigitte Nelson)
Faculty Associate Dean for EDI (Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences) (Dr Christine Nightingale)
Pro-Vice Chancellor, Faculty of Sciences (Professor Mark Searcey)
Deputy: (Mrs Laura Mcgonagle)
Pro-Vice Chancellor, Faculty of Social Sciences Nominee (Ms Amanda Dorr)
Pro-Vice Chancellor, Faculty of Arts and Humanities Nominee (Mr John Tully)
Chief Resource Officer and University Secretary (Mr Ian Callaghan)
Academic Director of Inclusive Education (Professor Helena Gillespie)
Director of Student Services (Dr Jon Sharp)
in attendance with Head of Student Services (Life and Learning) (Mrs Jane Amos)
Director of Estates and Facilities (Mr Stephen Wells)
Director of People and Culture (Mrs Helen Wiseman) Deputy: (Mrs Kirsty Webb)
Director of IT (Mr Stephen Kirk)
Head of Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing (Mr Matthew Gooch)
Head of Student Services (Wellbeing) (Ms Claire Pratt)
Associate Director of Content and Communications (Ms Caroline Mayers)
Interim Head of Widening Access and Participation (Ms Sarah Ward)
Director of Graduate Success (Mrs Becky Price)
Head of Content (Ms Holly Mudie) Deputy: (Mr Chris Hill)
ResNET Chair (Dr Gill Malin)
Staff Pride Network Representative (Dr Paulo Pepe) Deputy (Mr Martin Lippiatt)
Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Staff Network Representative (Ms Samantha Rajasingham) Deputy (Ms Charlene Katuwawala)
Access All Areas Representative (TBC)
Representative from INTO (Mr Simon Duckworth)
Trade Union Representatives (max 2 per meeting):
Unite (Mr James Cross)
UCU (Dr Katherine Deane)
Unison (Mr Jacob Millard)
Community & Student Welfare Officer (Union of UEA Students) (Mr Aaron Campbell)
Copies of Minutes only to: Trade Union Representative (Mr James Cross)
1. To advise the Council and the Executive Team on the fulfilment of the University’s statutory obligations in respect of equality and diversity and to recommend policy for approval.
2. To ensure that institutional frameworks, schemes, action plans, initiatives and policies are achievable, effective, properly owned and translated into action.
3. To establish such sub committees as the Committee deems appropriate.
4. To consider staff and student profile data with a view to a) informing decisions about the allocation and use of resources and b) ensuring the institution is operating equitably.
5. To keep abreast of developments and disseminate information on equality and diversity across the University so that capacity is built on equality issues in all areas.
6. To establish two-way communication with staff and student networks to ensure their views are sought and represented as appropriate.
7. To keep under review membership of the Committee and make recommendations accordingly to Council.