The School of History at UEA is a wonderful place to be!
- We are a friendly, inclusive and supportive community of students and scholars with a love for all things history!
- Our curriculum has incredible breadth and depth with a geographical range that spans the globe
- Our philosophy is that studying history is about exploration and discovery. That’s why our course structures have been designed to provide students with an exceptionally wide range of optionality and choice with no compulsory modules in the second and third years of study. This allows students maximum flexibility to shape their own intellectual journey
- Our students have the opportunity to gain work experience through placements in the heritage sector and beyond, with excellent working links with organisations such as the National Trust and Heritage England
- We have links with universities across Europe and further afield for students who wish to study abroad for one semester in Year 2. Our study destinations have included – Sydney, San Francisco, Madrid, Paris and Osaka.