The UEA Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Staff (BAME) Staff Network is a friendly, professional support network for colleagues across campus who identify as part of the BAME community.
We meet regularly; discussing contemporary topics, feeding in to UEA policy and procedure, taking part in shared activities and projects as well as socialising and getting to know others across campus in a relaxed and friendly environment.
We’re always happy for more members to join in, so if you’re interested in becoming a member of the network, send an email to email@example.com and we’ll add you to the group.
What we do
Some of the things we’re working on at the moment include:
Starting our own book club
Mapping out the global reach of the network’s membership
Collating cultural celebrations, events and knowledge to share and learn from each other
To provide a network of support and encouragement to all UEA BAME staff
To celebrate diversity and inclusion
To raise the profile of issues affecting the UEA BAME community
To inform and educate the wider UEA community on BAME issues
Our meeting dates for the upcoming academic year are below, but we also arrange socials and coffee break catchups around our main meetings. Everything is currently taking place via MS Teams, where our meetings will take place and we also have an active group chat you can get involved in.
- Wednesday 28/09/2022 12:00- 13:00
- Wednesday 26/10/2022 12:00- 13:00
- Wednesday 30/11/2022 12:00- 13:00
- Wednesday 21/12/2022 12:00- 13:00
- Wednesday 25/01/2023 12:00- 13:00
- Wednesday 22/02/2023 12:00- 13:00
- Wednesday 22/03/2023 12:00- 13:00
- Wednesday 26/04/2023 12:00- 13:00
- Wednesday 24/05/2023 12:00- 13:00
- Wednesday 28/06/2023 12:00- 13:00
- Wednesday 26/07/2023 12:00- 13:00
If you’re interested in participating, please contact us for more information.