Understanding student finance for Undergraduates Understanding student finance for Undergraduates

You can find out all about the financial support you are entitled to from the government at the following address: www.gov.uk/student-finance

For full information about UEA’s Tuition Fees for each course, please refer to our Information about Tuition Fees and be able to complete a Fee Status form to help determine which category of fee you should pay if you are unsure about your eligibility for home, EU or international status.

Tuition Fee and Living Cost loans are available from Student Finance England. The tuition fee loan is paid directly to the university and covers the cost of the course.

The living cost loan (also referred to as a student loan or maintenance loan) is usually paid in three instalments directly into your bank account to help cover living costs including accommodation, food, entertainment and course materials.

You can use the student finance calculator to find out how much you will be able to get from the government.

There is information on the Student Finance England website about how to apply, paying your student loan back, interest rates, additional support for students with special circumstances and much much more.