International students from outside the EU are usually guaranteed accommodation unless they have studied with us before. Undergraduate students can stay in University accommodation for the first year of their course and can apply to the accommodation office for subsequent years. Postgraduates for the first year (the typical length of most masters courses.) Charges range from £76.93 a week for a single study bedroom with shared bathroom to £138.32 for a single study bedroom with en-suite facilities. Private sector charges vary between £60-£100 per week excluding heating, lighting, water and internet charges. Visit the UEA Accommodation Office web pages for full details.
The campus was designed so that everything you need for living and studying is no more than a few minutes away. The UEA campus is a mini city and home to a unique, multi-cultural community that enjoys and contributes to a lively social and cultural scene. We stage live music events, club nights, film screenings and much, much more. Here students can:
- study in our library, which is open twenty four hours a day, seven days a week
- do their shopping and banking, visit the post office or travel agent on our ‘Street'
- have a drink at the Union Bar, eat at one of our Campus Kitchen outlets or grab a coffee at Cafe Direct
- take part in all kinds of events including gigs by internationally renowned musicians and visit the inspirational Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts
- take up a new sport, get fit or join a team at our Sportspark, the biggest indoor sports centre in Britain
- visit our medical centre and on-campus dentist
Living costs are estimated to be approximately £800 per month, the minimum required to secure a Tier 4 student visa, totalling around £9,600 for 12 months (the duration of most postgraduate courses) and £7,200 for 9 months (one academic year in most undergraduate courses). These amounts should cover accommodation, food, books, transportation and social activities. Actual costs will vary depending on individual circumstances. For further details visit Student Services web pages.