UK candidates will have a UK University first or upper second class honours degree and a good Master's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant field of study.
EU and international students will have a degree or degrees that are equivalent in standard to those required of UK candidates.
In the first instance, please consider our research areas and contact your potential supervisor to develop your proposal. We strongly encourage dialogue between potential applicants and supervisors. You may also direct general enquiries to the Postgraduate Research Director, Dr Martin Doherty.
When you have a clear idea about your research proposal, then please submit a full application.
Applications can be made on line via http://www.uea.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/apply
For those unable to submit electronically, applications and enquiries should be sent to the following address:
Faculty of Social Sciences
Postgraduate Research Office (PPE)
Elizabeth Fry Building, 2.30
University of East Anglia
Norwich Research Park
Applications must be supported by:
- Official transcripts (in English) of your higher education qualifications
- A Personal Statement of 500 to 1,000 words
- A CV detailing your work experience to date
- Two academic references
- Evidence of your English proficiency if English is not your first language
- A Research Proposal of fewer than 2,000 words, plus reference list
International applicants would also benefit from accessing the University's International Office.