Training of new tutors consists of a dedicated study day which can also be attended by existing tutors who need a refresher course.
All pre-registration tutors are expected to complete the "Train the Trainer" course.
Pre-reg Tutor Study Day
This study day is designed for new pre-registration Tutors and is also highly recommended for existing Tutors who would benefit from a refresher course.
The study day focusses on the following:
- Milestones in pharmacist pre-registration training - The journey from pharmacy graduate to pharmacist
- The GPhC ‘Performance Standards’ - Sources of evidence and using evidence to assess performance
- Principles and practical approaches to work-based competence assessments
- Giving feedback to trainees
- Competencies for audit supervisors
- Identifying problems and Sources of help
Train the Trainers
If you are responsible for any training or education within your organisation, the Train the Trainer Course is for you.
As a new trainer you will understand how to train others and have the capability to apply effective training.
Anyone involved or intending to become involved in the tutoring or training of others, including:
- Work based trainers
- Pre-registration tutors
- Diploma tutors
- QCF assessors
- Internal Quality Assurers
2016 study days for new tutors are planned for:
- Wednesday 29 June at Quy Mill Hotel, Cambridge
- Thursday 7 July at Hilton Hotel, Stansted
Train The Trainer Study Days
All courses to be held at Girton College, Cambridge
- Study Days