Welcome to the web pages dedicated to equality and diversity at the University of East Anglia.
The University of East Anglia is proud of the increasing diversity of its campus and works with staff, students and organisations around Norwich and Norfolk, regionally and nationally to achieve its aim of being an inclusive place for study and work.
We hope you will find these pages a useful resource and will refer to them regularly whether as a member of staff or as a student.
The menu on the left will take you to areas telling you about networks and interest groups you can join, the current legislative framework or information and documents on impact assessment. It will be updated when consultation exercises take place.
- The Equality Act 2010 became effective from October 2010
- This is the biggest overhaul of equality legislation for decades and brings new rights and responsibilities to the University community
- Briefings for staff/students can be organised on request by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- a short screencast (approx. 15 minutes duration) can be viewed here and covers the key changes which came into effect on 1 October 2010. (Note: you will need sound on your PC to hear all the information on this)
- Specific Duties, which give us particular activities to do were introduced on 9 September 2011 in the form of the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED). An overview can be seen here (PDF, 345 kb, note: no sound, just slides). Further information on what this means for UEA and how we will meet the duties will be published during the Semester.
The Equality and Diversity Office
This office has been established to help pull together work that takes place on equality matters right across the campus. Our work covers both staff and students and is based in Room 2.30 of the Elizabeth Fry Building on Chancellors Drive.
If you have ideas, comments, questions or feedback about equality at the University, or would like information in an alternative format, then please call us on Ext 1898 (telephone 01603 591898 from an external telephone line) or email us on email@example.com