The School of Chemistry runs a wide range of events that are for schools and the wider public. There is a team who are dedicated to engaging all ages, from primary school children to the members of the University of the Third Age.
The School of Chemistry runs the following events every year:
- Spectroscopy in a Suitcase – the portable IR and uv-visible spectrometers can be booked to be taken out to schools with postgraduate ambassadors.
- Salters' Festival of Chemistry – a day of practical competition for Yr 7 and 8 pupils.
- Young Analysts Competition – the area heats of the National Royal Society of Chemistry Young Analysts Competition for Yr 12 pupils.
- Workshops in the Chemistry and Pharmacy summer school.
- Science in Norwich – a day of fun for all the family in the Forum to which the Chemistry School contributes.
- Café Scientifique – colleagues often contribute to the local programme of informal scientific discussions.
In addition to this we run workshops for events organised by our Admissions, Recruitment and Marketing department – in the last year we ran workshops as part of the "Bringing Scientists to You", the East Norfolk Triple Science Network event and Student Life Sciences Conferences at the John Innes centre, and the five day Headstart Summer School.
Find out more
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community University Engagement (CUE)
UEA has a small dedicated Community University Engagement team who are on hand to advise staff and students about different aspects of their engagement activity including ideas, planning, evaluation and impact. Financial and practical assistance is also available via a Small Expenses Fund and the loan of equipment such as audio recorders. You can find more information and case studies on the Community University Engagement website.