How can mentoring help you?
For those students with an idea they want to actually develop into a venture we can provide you with a start-up mentor. Start Up Mentors do what they say on the tin.
How do I benefit?
- Be inspired by an experienced local entrepreneur
- Gain insights and shared experiences to help you grow an enterprising mindset
- Gather advice and encouragement to improve enterprise ideas
We can offer the following support on the programme:
- Insider Insights - If you are looking for further information on a particular area and/or how to progress within it, these one off information sessions with a professional in the field, can provide you with the information you need. The session(s) will give you the chance to talk to a mentor(s), either by telephone or email for 30-45 minutes, to find out more.
- Six Month Mentoring - With these one-to-one relationships, you'll have the opportunity to talk to a UEA alumnus (or other career professional) who can help you make decisions about your own plans and build up your confidence. You will receive six hours of one-to-one advice and guidance in person or via email or telephone over a six month period. At least one of your meetings will be in person with your mentor.
*Please note start-up mentoring support is available for current students and for up to three years after graduation.
Register your interest
If you are interested in applying for a start-up mentor, please complete the online form at MyCareerCentral
For more information, contact Student Enterprise by emailing email@example.com or by calling +44 (0)1603 592142.