What UEA Consulting Ltd can do
UEA's expert knowledge base can deliver practical, independent, business focussed solutions that can provide answers to specific technical problems or issues and result in improvements to business systems. By working with business to develop mutual understanding and benefit we can create opportunity, employment and wealth, improve quality of life and increase sustainability.
In addition to UEA Consulting Ltd, there are some specialised consulting companies that also operate at the University; the Adapt Commercial Ltd operates a consultancy that is focused towards reducing carbon emissions, and Dev-Co has arisen from the School of Development Studies.
What are the benefits?
- Technical expertise - an academic or a small interdisciplinary team can provide in-depth expert knowledge and advice.
- Bespoke management development and training - providing a tailored programme for your staff to explore organisational problems.
- Expert witnesses - Our academics can act as expert witnesses in a range of areas.
- Membership of scientific advisory boards and non-executive directors - providing strategic, technical or scientific direction.
Browse through some of our consulting case studies to find out how our expertise added value to a variety of organisations.
If you are interested in finding out more information about the consultancy service we offer, please contact Sue Johnson on +44 (0)1603 591578.
Are you an SME or micro business? Could you benefit from £5,000 worth of advice from a University Expert?
Technology Strategy Board
Start-ups and small and medium-sized businesses from across the UK can apply for an Innovation Voucher worth up to £5000, which is available to businesses to work with a supplier for the first time, and should be used to pay for knowledge or technology transfer from that supplier.
Once you have submitted an online application it will be entered into a draw, which take place every three months. Approximately 100 successful vouchers are then issued. You will be informed if you have been successful or unsuccessful. If you are unsuccessful in receiving an voucher, you can try again. You can only have one live application at a time.
There is no deadline for submissions; each submission will be go towards the next draw deadline which occur quarterly (January, April, July, and October).
For further details on how to apply please visit the Innovation Vouchers Portal.
New Anglia Growth Hub
The University of East Anglia (UEA) has partnered with the New Anglia Growth Hub to create a funding scheme for SME businesses throughout Norfolk and Suffolk. This will enable access to academic expertise in the form of consultancy, mentoring, or the hiring of specialist facilities in order to stimulate business growth.
The scheme will be running until March 2015, and will allow UEA to offer match funding from £2,000 to £20,000.
Join us at iExpo, New Anglia LEP's free innovation exhibition, supported by BT.
We will be exhibiting alongside some of the most leading-edge companies in Suffolk and Norfolk on 20th November at BT's global engineering HQ at Adastral Park, Suffolk.
- Discover the emerging technologies which have made BT the No1 UK technology sector investor in R & D
- Be inspired by the innovative products created by pioneering companies in Suffolk and Norfolk
- Find out more about the funding, advice and business support available across the two counties.
Click here to book your FREE place.