Our School of Mathematics offers exceptional teaching in a department with thriving research to deliver a world-class student experience:
- Our teaching is rated extremely highly by our students, achieving 96% satisfaction in NSS 2014.
- We have featured in the UK top ten for student satisfaction every year since the NSS began.
- We favour small-group teaching that gives you more contact with both your tutors and your peers.
- 86% of our graduates go on to employment or further study within six months of graduating.
- The quality of our world-leading and internationally excellent research ranks us 7th in the UK in terms of our research output.
Our undergraduate courses are renowned for their quality teaching, and they draw on the varied expertise of our academic staff: from algebra, logic and number theory to fluid mechanics and combinatorics.
We also have an exciting postgraduate community, with many PhD students studying in our active research groups that cover a wide range of topics in both pure and applied mathematics. Our research is of an exceptionally high standard, with 100 per cent receiving international recognition and 83 per cent classified as world-leading or internationally excellent in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework.