Our School of Mathematics offers exceptional teaching in a department with thriving research to deliver a world-class student experience:
- Our teaching is rated extremely highly by our students, achieving 96% satisfaction in NSS 2014.
- We have featured in the UK top ten for student satisfaction every year since the NSS began.
- We favour small-group teaching that gives you more contact with both your tutors and your peers.
- 86% of our graduates go on to employment or further study within six months of graduating.
- Over 90% of our research is internationally recognised (RAE 2008).
Our undergraduate courses are renowned for their quality teaching, and they draw on the varied expertise of our academic staff: from algebra, logic and number theory to fluid mechanics and combinatorics.
We also have an exciting postgraduate community, with many PhD students studying in our active research groups that cover a wide range of topics in both pure and applied mathematics. Our research is of an exceptionally high standard, with over 90 per cent receiving international recognition and over half classified as world-leading or internationally excellent.