ABOUT THE UEA ENGAGEMENT AWARDS
Each year, UEA recognises and encourages excellent practice by academics, staff and students from across UEA and Norwich Research Park in engaging the public with research. The Engagement Awards celebrate the crucial work taking place across these institutions in reaching new audiences and encouraging meaningful dialogue, expanding the impact of their research to local, national and international communities.
The Awards panel is made up of engagement champions from UEA, including previous award winners. Nominations are welcomed from community partners and members of the public who have led or participated in UEA research projects, whether as co-researchers or event attendees. Self-nominations are also encouraged.
Types of activities
- Public speaking (festivals, lectures, debates or panel discussions)
- Participation in broadcast media (television, radio, film)
- Writing for print, online journalism or other outlets
- Writing for the non-specialist
- Showcasing academic know-how
- Pro-bono schemes
- Communicating research to the public
- Acting as the lead for major festival themes
- Contributing to an organisation
- Delivery of engagement activities
- Student - Achievement by a student (undergraduate or postgraduate) in any engagement activity or project.
- Achievement - A record of sustained achievement for excellence in engagement.
- Project - Demonstrated achievement in relation to a specific public or community engagement project.
For more information about the UEA Engagement Awards, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
UEA Engagement Award Winners for 2021