Excellence in Education Scholarship
The School of Education and Lifelong Learning is pleased to be offering a number of Excellence in Education scholarships for Master’s applicants who would like to study full-time or part-time in 2023-24. The scholarships consist of £4,000 fee reductions and are available to applicants for the Master’s courses listed below:
- MA in Education: Learning, Pedagogy and Assessment
- MA in Mathematics Education
- MA in Second Language Education
- MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- MSc in Education Leadership and Management
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants will need to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for one of the full-time or part-time Master’s courses listed above starting at UEA in September 2023.
- Be independently funding your studies – i.e. students sponsored by organisations funding their fees are not eligible to apply. (Students applying for, or expecting to receive government loans, are eligible to apply).
Scholarship application deadline: 15 June 2023
Type of Course
- Postgraduate Taught
- Tuition Fees
Number Available per Year
- UK Fees
- Self Funded
Country / Region
Country of Domicile
Hold a conditional or unconditional offer for one of the full-time or part-time Master’s courses listed above starting at UEA in September 2022.
Restrictions with other scholarships
The scholarship awarded will be exclusive and cannot be awarded in conjunction with another UEA award. Where applicants who already hold another UEA award are offered a scholarship, only the scholarship worth the greater financial sum will be awarded.
Scholarships will be awarded to well-qualified applicants on the basis of academic excellence. To apply for a scholarship, please complete the application form below.
You will need to respond to the following questions as part of your application. Your answers for these questions should contain approximately 250 words each.
- Why do you want to study this specific Master’s course at the University of East Anglia?
- What makes you an ideal applicant to one of the Excellence in Education Scholarships?
- What are your educational and/or professional plans for after the Master’s?
- If your application is successful, what activities would you be willing to undertake during and after your Master’s studies to fulfil your role as an ambassador for the School of Education and Lifelong Learning?
Your submitted application will be sent to the School of Education Admissions team for consideration. Only those applicants already holding a conditional or unconditional offer from us may apply.
Applications will be received until 15 June 2023 when the applications will be forwarded to a panel in the School of Education and Lifelong Learning. Final decisions will be disclosed within 6-8 weeks of the application deadline.
The application deadline will not be extended, so you are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible after receiving your offer.
Terms and Conditions
1. At the time the scholarship application form is submitted, applicants must hold either a full-time or part-time ‘conditional’ or ‘unconditional’ offer for one of the following courses:
· MA in Education: Learning, Pedagogy and Assessment,
· MA in Mathematics Education,
· MA in Second Language Education,
· MA in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), or
· MSc in Education Leadership and Management.
2. All scholarship holders need to meet all remaining conditions for entry to the University.
3. Successful scholarship applicants must accept the offer of a scholarship by returning the scholarship acceptance form and following the University procedures for securing a place on the chosen full-time or part-time Master’s course.
4. The award shall be given as a tuition fee scholarship only by means of a fee discount. No cheque or payment shall be made directly to the student. Those studying part-time will receive this fee discount in their first year of study only.
5. This scholarship is for September 2022 entry and on a full-time or part-time basis. All scholarship holders will forfeit the scholarship should they request to defer their place of study to 2023.
6. The scholarship awarded will be exclusive and cannot be awarded in conjunction with another UEA award. Where applicants who already hold another UEA award are offered a scholarship, only the scholarship worth the greater financial sum will be awarded.
7. Students sponsored for full tuition fees by an outside body or government organisation will not be eligible for this scholarship. However, students applying for, or expecting to receive, government loans are eligible to apply.
8. Scholarship holders must successfully complete their academic course of study.
9. Scholarship holders remain liable for paying any remaining tuition fees to UEA.
10. Scholarship holders agree to act as an ambassador for the School of Education and Lifelong Learning during and after their Master’s. This would include, for instance, the writing of at least one student testimonial, and the agreement that their testimonials and photographs can be used in publicity materials.
11. By accepting the Excellence in Education scholarships, students agree that, upon arrival at UEA and upon request by the School, they may be contacted by a small number of prospective students from their country and/or subject area to answer simple questions about UEA and/or their course of study.
12. Scholarship holders agree to assist at the UEA PGT Open Days/Evenings as well as other marketing events, where their respective Master’s course allows them.
If you have any questions regarding the scholarships please contact us at email@example.com.