Equality and Diversity activities in the School of Mathematics (including Engineering) are coordinated by the Equality and Diversity Committee, which includes academic and administrative staff, post-doctoral research associates, and postgraduate and undergraduate students, as well as professionals from Human Resources and the Equality and Diversity Office. We look at many aspects of the School as a place to study and work and, using a range of data and feedback from students and staff, identify areas for improvement.
Our work in the School feeds into Faculty discussions via the SCI Athena SWAN Steering Group and plays a strong role in influencing changes to university-wide policy via the Central Athena SWAN Operational Group, Central Athena SWAN Strategy Group and UEA Equality and Diversity Committee. It is an active agenda and we are keen for all in the School to play a part in helping us create a positive and equal future.
Contact MTH’s Equality & Diversity Director (Dr Emilian Parau) to join the committee, for more information or to provide feedback.
- Dr Helen Crowley (Lecturer in Mathematics)
- Professor Mirna Džamonja (Professor of Mathematics)
- Dr Richard Purvis (Senior Lecturer & Director of Equality and Diversity)
- Dr Dianzi Liu (Lecturer in Engineering)
- Prof Shaun Stevens (Professor of Mathematics & Head of School)
- Dr Johannes Siemons (Reader in Mathematics)
- Student representative positions vacant