Norwich is a nationally significant cultural and creative cluster. We work with an enormous range of local and regional partners to support one of the fastest growing industries in the UK that includes screen and gaming industries, digital storytellers, performing artists, publishers, designers, makers and TV and film producers.
We are members of East Anglia’s Local Enterprise Partnership (NewAnglia) Culture and Digital Creative groups. Key partners include the Arts Council, National Writers Centre, Norfolk Museum Services, Sea Change Arts and Royal Television Society – partnership activities include:
- Norwich Museum Service: we are the official academic partner for NMS’ Medieval Keep project. This cultural heritage partnership has included the WG Sebald exhibition, international student welcome events and free access to NMS sites for our students
- Norwich Theatre Royal: we agreed a formal partnership and MOU in November 2019 to develop shared interests around drama and creativity
- National Centre for Writing: a key creative partner for many years, NCW host many of our events, and co-programme the annual Noirwich crime writing festival
- Norwich Film Festival: one of the fastest growing film festivals in the country, we have an annual presence at this event
- Snape Maltings / EIRA: developed through the EIRA funding route, this project will see UEA evaluating Snape’s Digital Campus project
We play a key role in enhancing East Anglia’s reputation for culture and creativity. We pioneered the teaching of creative writing, film and TV studies, world art, and creative entrepreneurship. We provide engagement opportunities through our busy cultural and educational programme.
We are helping create a cultural economy that is dynamic, inclusive and creative.