Equality Objectives (2020-2024)
The University is subject to the Public Sector Equality Duty which requires public bodies to have 'due regard' to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation, and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010.
- advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it, and
- foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
Part of this duty is the review and publication of institutional equality objectives every four years. We have developed five equality objectives. Work to ensure relevant action is taken is carried out by our Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee which reports directly into our Executive Team.
- Diversify our Workforce
- Eliminating our pay gaps
- Career Development/Progression
- Accessible and Inclusive Campus
- Progression with Equality Charters/Frameworks (Athena Swan/Race Equality Charter)