All Staff Assembly - 10 May 2023
Colleagues can submit questions to be answered at the meeting by using the link to the form below. You can also submit a proposal to be considered for presentation on the day using the same form.
Complete the Staff Assembly Submissions form
Submissions must be made by 5pm on Friday 14 April to be considered by the Standing Committee of the Assembly (SCOTA)
The agenda for the Assembly meeting on Wednesday 10 May will be published on the website on prior to the meeting.
Committee Secretary: Kristopher Harper-Allison, email email@example.com
Governance Office: Mrs Rebecca Phillips, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we do not take apologies for the Assembly meeting. The Assembly meeting generally take not less than 1 hour, however the duration of all meetings shall be at most two hours, it depends what is on the agenda and the level of discussion for the agenda items. See a statement on quoracy for Assembly meetings.
An Extract from the Ordinances - 2. Governance and Organisation - Assembly
4. Assembly will consist of all those persons who hold a contract of employment with the University. The Chair of Assembly will be the Vice-Chancellor or their nominee.
5. A meeting of Assembly will be called at least once in each calendar year, although if no business is submitted for debate then it will be cancelled and there will be no obligation to call a further meeting. Further meetings may be called by the Chair to discuss urgent matters at their discretion. In exercising such discretion, the Vice-Chancellor will always give due weight to any petition for such a meeting submitted by at least 40 members of Assembly.
6. The quorum for Assembly will be 40 members.
7. Assembly may discuss and declare an opinion on any matter which is relevant to the conduct of the business of the University in the pursuit of its charitable objects.
8. The rules for the conduct of Assembly will be determined from time to time by Council following appropriate consultation.
WEDNESDAY 10 MAY 2023
2PM - Lecture Theatre 1
WEDNESDAY 7 DECEMBER 2022 - Inquorate
2PM - Lecture Theatre 2
WEDNESDAY 18 MAY 2022 - cancelled
- Items Selected