Economics at UEA proudly combines a reputation for internationally renowned research and unparalleled academic support for our students. We consistently perform well in league tables and rankings. For example:
- We are ranked in the Top 15 Economics Departments in the UK (2016 Guardian League Table).
- We scored 98 for course satisfaction (2016 Guardian League Table).
- We are ranked eighth among Economics departments for research outputs (Times Higher Education REF2014).
Our research-inspired approach to teaching means our students benefit from the world-class research undertaken by our academic staff. 91.8% of the School’s research is scored as either “world-leading” or “internationally excellent”, compared with an average score of 77% across all other Economics departments. We offer an outstanding academic experience that provides a platform to fully explore the influence of economic analysis.
Studying with us means joining some of the most satisfied students in the UK. In the 2014 National Student Survey we ranked:
- Second for overall satisfaction
- Third for academic support out of all UK Economics departments
- An overall satisfaction rating of 97 per cent.
The School of Economics is a lively close-knit community with friendly, approachable academic staff. UEA has earned a reputation as a fantastic place to study and was voted number one for student experience by the 2013 Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey.