There are various types of visa and it is important to make sure you apply for the correct one. The type of visa you need will depend on your length of study.  As an international student, you are likely to need a Student Visa to study in the UK if your course is longer than six months.

In the below pages, we have outlined the two main visa types for study in the UK so you can work out which one is right for you. The guidance we provide will enable you to take the first steps in applying for your visa.

Student Life International Advisers are available to answer any queries and provide you with all the information and guidance you will need about the supporting documents and the visa application process.

Student Life International Advisers can also advise you on the immigration conditions of your visa type and on the practicalities of life in the UK.

You can contact Student Life International by emailing