UEA PGCE Bursary
PGCE students with an annual household income of less than or equal to £20,000 and from an Adult HE Quintile 1 home postcode at the time of applying are eligible for an award of £1,000.
For students studying in 2023/24, bursaries will be a cash payment made in a single instalment on 6 October 2023.
For students studying in 2024/25, bursaries will be a cash payment made in a single instalment on 4 October 2024.
You are eligible for this bursary under these Terms if you meet all of the following criteria:
You are a UK citizen who lives in England. EU citizens and international citizens and those from the Channel Islands and Isle of Man liable for international fees are not eligible for this bursary.
You are registered on a PGCE course at UEA in September 2023 or 2024.
You are enrolled and attending as a student at the University at the time of payment.
You have not received a DfE-funded Initial Teacher Training bursary, or a scholarship of £24,000 or more in relation to your PGCE study.
You are eligible for a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
You have been means-tested by Student Finance England.
You have a qualifying annual household income of equal to or less than £20,000 as assessed by Student Finance England.
Your home postcode as provided to the University by Student Finance England is in an area defined as a Low Participation Neighbourhood (Adult HE 2011 quintile 1) as defined on the Office for Students website.
Type of Course
- UK Fees
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- PGCE History
- PGCE Science (Specialising In Chemistry)
- PGCE Primary (7-11)
- PGCE English
- PGCE Primary (7-11 With Mathematics)
- PGCE Engineers Teach Physics
- PGCE Primary (5-11 with SEND)
- PGCE Primary (3-7 With Mathematics)
- PGCE Primary (3-7)
- PGCE Science (Specialising In Physics)
- PGCE Primary with Modern Languages (5-11)
- PGCE Mathematics with Computing
- PGCE Physics with Mathematics
- PGCE Science (Specialising In Biology)
- PGCE Primary with Modern Languages (7-11)
- PGCE Primary (5-11)
- PGCE Primary (5-11 with Mathematics)
- PGCE Primary (3-7 with SEND)
- PGCE Modern Foreign Languages (French, German, Spanish)
Country / Region
- United Kingdom
Country of Domicile
- United Kingdom
You must be registered on a PGCE course at UEA in September 2023 or 2024.
Students do not need to apply for bursary support. The university will assess who is eligible using household income and home postcode information provided by Student Finance England. We will notify the student accordingly.