The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship
The Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships are available to international students who have applied to study a full-time one year Master's course in the School of Global Development at UEA.
Applicants must be a national of, or permanently domiciled, in one of the following countries*:
*This list is from the United Nations Human Development Index Report 2020.
Central African Republic
Papua New Guinea
Each scholarship will fund the student's international tuition fees and provide them with a maintenance grant of £9,157 so that they can live in the UK and be able to cover the costs of living/ travel/ visa.
This scholarship will be awarded on the basis of financial need to applicants from any of the listed countries.
To be considered for this scholarship, you will need to apply by submitting an application form by the 19 April 2024.
Applicants must hold an offer of study to be considered, further information on donor scholarships can be found here.
Type of Course
- Postgraduate Taught
- Tuition Fees
Total Value Range
Tuition = £21,200, Grant = £9,157
Number Available Per Year
- International Fees
- Self Funded
- Demonstrate genuine financial need
- Global Development
- MA Conflict, Governance and Global Development
- MA Global Development
- MSc Impact Evaluation for Global Development
- MA Media and Global Development
- MA Global Social Development
- MA Globalisation, Business and Sustainable Development
- MSc Climate Change and Global Development
- MSc Environment and Global Development
- MSc Global Development Management
- MA Education and Development
- MA Agriculture and Rural Development
Must meet course requirements.
Restrictions with other Scholarships
Cannot be in receipt of any other scholarships/awards.
To be considered for this scholarship you will need to complete an application form. The deadline for applications is 19 April 2024.