ABOUT THE COURSE
The UEA Final Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician (ACPT) Scheme has been designed to provide pharmacy technicians with the skills and knowledge to undertake the final accuracy check of dispensed items that have been clinically screened by a pharmacist.
The Scheme has been developed to meet the standards of Nationally Agreed Framework for Final Accuracy Checking of Dispensed Items, and is therefore a nationally recognised accreditation which is transferable between workplaces in all regions of England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The course is delivered using a blended learning delivery method, consisting of e-learning, face-to-face teaching and the collection of workplace evidence.
To complete the course, candidates are required to:
- Complete e-learning packages
- Attend a regional study day
- Build a portfolio of evidence, including a log of 1000 correctly checked items
- Undertake a final checking practical assessment under controlled conditions
- Complete an external review
The normal minimum entry requirements are:
Registration as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council.
Ability to demonstrate dispensing accuracy via the completion of a log of 200 correctly dispensed items with no errors, or by submitting a Dispensing Accuracy Scheme certificate issued within the two preceding years, along with the last 200 items that must have no errors.
Prior to attending the study day, all candidates should:
- Have been assigned a suitably qualified Educational Supervisor*
- Be familiar with local dispensing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
*Educational Supervisors must be on the UEA approved list. All new Educational Supervisors are required to complete the Educational Supervisor Training Package.
- Wednesday 13th September 2023
- Wednesday 6th December 2023
- Wednesday 27th March 2024
- Wednesday 17th July 2024
Online Assessment -
- Wednesday 12th July 2023
- Wednesday 20th September 2023
- Thursday 12th October 2023
- Wednesday 22nd November 2023
In order to apply for an assessment, please complete Appendix 13 – Assessment Registration Form and upload to the e-portfolio on VQ Manager.
Candidates wishing to register for the scheme should do so via the link to the UEA Application Form below:
On entering the site you will be prompted to create a user account and then select 'Professional Development Applications' to apply for the course .