Working in the international development* sector requires not only academic knowledge but a wide range of professional and technical competencies and practical skills.
The School of International Development* provides undergraduate and postgraduate International Development* students the opportunity to participate in a range of practical workshops to develop skills useful for, and expected of, development practitioners. These are in addition to the applied skills taught in many of our courses.
These optional workshops last from one to five days. They are not compulsory and are not assessed. Rather, these sessions are an excellent opportunity to enhance your practical and employability skills as well as a valuable addition to your CV.
Workshops have included:
- Filmmaking for development
- Introduction to Fundraising and Communication
- Introduction to Impact evaluation
- Personal Communication Skills for Development
- Branding for Development
- Introduction to Humanitarian Practice
- Mapping and Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Participatory Photography.
*As part of the celebration of our 50th anniversary, we are changing our name to the School of Global Development from 1 August 2023