The Hogan Lovells Bursary supports a first or second year undergraduate student in the University of East Anglia's Law School.
- Level: Undergraduate - First or Second year
- School: School of Law
- Household Income: Less than £30,000 p/a
- Fees: Home/EU
- Comes from a household where neither parent, carer or guardian has completed higher education
- You must be defined as a widening participation student under UEA admissions rules, meaning that your family's household income is less than £30,000.
- You must have a clean disciplinary record with no pending investigations
- You must have no criminal convictions or cautions, or be currently under investigation or charged
- You must not have won this award previously
What does it cover?
- Value: £1000
- Duration of award: One year
- Tuition fees or maintenance: Maintenance
- Number available: 2
How do I apply?
The bursaries will be awarded based on:
- Your academic achievements and potential – previous further education results and achievements as well as (to the extent they are available) 1st year university results.
- Your knowledge of and reasons for wanting to work for a firm like Hogan Lovells (this information will be shared with Hogan Lovells).
- Your contribution to University and School life.
- In making a decision, the university is entitled to take a contextual view that may include consideration of whether an applicant is of Black African, Black Afro-Caribbean or mixed race Black African or mixed-race Black African-Caribbean ethnicity, in recognition of the underrepresentation of such students in the legal profession; and/or from a student for whom one or more parents, carers, or guardians have no higher education (Level 6 or above) qualifications.
- Applications for this bursary are now open for 2019/20. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on 7 February 2020.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Scholarship Acceptance Terms and Conditions before submitting your application. If you are offered the Scholarship, you must be prepared to accept these terms.
Please visit our FAQ webpage for further information.
Development Office, Arts 3.02, UEA, Norwich Research Park, Norwich NR4 7TJ
Telephone: 01603 593930