Your University Questions, Answered.

If I choose a course that has a year abroad, am I able to change it to the course with no year abroad if I change my mind? Jess, Maidstone


Our Answer:

Here at UEA we offer courses that have a year abroad as part of their programme. This is typically the third year of the course and then you’ll return back to UEA for your fourth and final year. This is a great opportunity to study overseas at one of our partner universities, experience a different culture and learn a little more about yourself.

When it comes to changing your mind on the year abroad it does directly depend which course you have an offer to study on. Generally speaking, so long as there is a 3-year version of the course available (no year abroad), it’s certainly a possibility. Your best bet is to contact our dedicated Admissions team on admissions@uea.ac.uk or give them a call on +44 (0) 1603 591515 to discuss the swap and your options.

You can explore all our courses by using our course finder. Type your course in and hit GO! When searching there are options to refine your search, in particular to show the courses with a year abroad. You can refine your search by clicking on the dropdown arrow by ‘Year In…’ on the top right hand side of your search results. 

Got a question of your own?