Your University Questions, Answered.

Can I train to be a German teacher at UEA? Aimee. London


Our Answer:

Here at UEA we offer the one year PGCE teacher training, so once you’ve finished your undergraduate degree you can train to teach with us.

We have MFL teacher training at both Primary and Secondary teaching levels, offering German, French and Spanish language teaching. We provide lots of fact-finding events to help you decide which age range you want to train in.

You’ll also have the opportunity to talk to our specialist academics, current students and newly qualified teachers who’ll be happy to share their experiences with you and answer any questions you have.

And we actively encourage you to gain relevant experience in schools and will flag sources where you can gain more awareness about current issues in teaching so that when the time comes you can make a well-thought through and compelling application.

UEA’s teacher training courses have consistently received endorsement from OfSTED inspectors for their high standard, and we have an excellent employability rate. Explore our PGCE webpages to find out more about the options currently available.

You can also keep up-to-date with any upcoming PGCE events here.

Got a question of your own?