Your University Questions, Answered.

Where can I go for help at UEA? Lorrie, Reading


Our Answer:

Your wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do at UEA, meaning that no matter what kind of help you are looking for, we are likely to be able to support you on campus.

The Student Support Service at the University offers help on a variety of matters, from finance to disability support, advice for international students, and general wellbeing. They also offer assessment and support for specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia.

If you need help with the practicalities of handing in coursework, enrolling on modules, or any difficulties which could affect your studies, you can contact the relevant Learning and Teaching Hub who will be happy to help you.  

Additionally, the UEA Students' Union has a number of full time advice staff who are employed to support you on a range of matters.

You can even look to other students for advice, with UEA Nightline (run by students, for students) offering confidential support at night during term time.

Life is not always easy and sometimes a curve ball is thrown at you. Student blogger Hannah knows about this first hand. “I’m lucky that UEA has a very supportive Student Union which runs a regular drop-in clinic where you can ask questions, and all of my seminar leaders have been very understanding. It’s far better to have a ten minute chat with them about it, than to try and hide at the back of seminar which you haven’t been able to do all the reading for and hope no one asks you a question.”  - read more about her experience


Got a question of your own?