Why choose UNC?
- In 2019, U.S. News & World Report ranked UNC Chapel Hill the 30th best university in the United States.
- Alumni include a US President, Vice President and many Senators, and sports stars such as Michael Jordan.
- The university is noted for its Campus Y, the social justice hub on campus that houses many service and internationally focused organizations.
Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
City Population: 57,233
University Population: 29,390
Climate: Roughly half-way between the mountains and the coast, Chapel Hill features a mild, four-season climate.
Nearest Airport: Raleigh-Durham International Airport
UNC encompasses everything that I believe a truly great university should be. With the high academic expectations, nationally recognised athletic programs, good party life, and numerous social organizations, UNC is basically the perfect university."
Since its establishment as the nation's first public university in 1789, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill has earned a reputation as one of the best universities in the world. Its unique school spirit has been forged through more than two centuries of academic excellence, public service, and athletic, professional and personal achievement. Often called a ‘public ivy', Carolina is known best for:
- One of the strongest and most diverse student bodies in the nation – a community, composed of students from every state and more than 100 countries.
- Academic opportunities that will prepare students to change the world – innovative programs not found anywhere else, and opportunities to contribute to ground-breaking research.
- A beautiful campus – a classic university within the dynamic town of Chapel Hill, where friendly classmates, exciting events, and state-of-the-art resources are only a short walk away.
Find out more: