Since completing her MA in Creative Writing: Prose Fiction, Emma Healey’s debut novel has been published to universal praise and she has toured the world to promote her work.
Emma joined UEA with half a draft of her novel ‘Elizabeth is Missing’ and having developed links with literary agents and publishers during her time on the course, just one year after graduating she achieved every writer’s dream of being signed by a literary agency.
Emma's book was published by Penguin in June 2014 and became an instant international hit.
Her words gripped readers with a tale of 82 year old Maud’s investigation into the disappearance of a friend while living with dementia.
Since graduating from her Master's and a catapult to literary fame:
- Emma‘s success has been a great source of inspiration for developing writers
- Her work has been translated into over 20 languages
- She has been announced as winner of the 2014 Costa first novel prize
- Featured in the Sunday Times 'Best Seller List'
- Received an ever expanding list of positive reviews from critics across the globe.
'Elizabeth is Missing' is also currently being made into a three-part television series by STV Productions.