The Charles Pick South Asia Fellowship is awarded to an unpublished writer of fictional or non-fictional prose from South Asia who wants to write in English to spend six months in the UK, at the University of East Anglia in Norwich.
- Level: Postgraduate
- School: Literature, Drama and Creative Writing
- Residency: Domiciled in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Burma/Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan
What does it cover?
- Value: £10,000 to include accommodation on campus and travel costs.
- Duration of award: 6 months
- Number available: 1
How do I apply?
- Details of how to apply, along with an application form and the deadline for submissions can be found on the website: www.uea.ac.uk/literature/fellowships/charles-pick-fellowships
- All applicants must try to provide a reference from an editor, agent or accredited teacher of creative writing. The reference, on the official reference form (available from the above website), must be sent by the referee directly to The Charles Pick Fellowship at firstname.lastname@example.org. Whilst it is not essential to provide a reference, applicants should be aware that the addition of a reference might enhance their application.
- The applicant of the Fellowship should visit the UK Border Agency Website at www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa before they accept the award in order to ensure that they are able to score the requisite number of points needed to apply for entry clearance. This only applies to individuals subject to a certificate of sponsorship currently living outside the UK.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Scholarship Acceptance Terms and Conditions before submitting your application. If you are offered the Scholarship, you must be prepared to accept these terms.
Please visit our FAQ webpage for further information.
Development Office, The Registry, UEA, Norwich Research Park, Norwich NR4 7TJ
Telephone: 01603 593930