Our programmes take place on campus in a vibrant community of more than 14,000 students, with more than 3,500 being international students from over 100 countries, providing an internationally diverse and stimulating summer study opportunity. While our courses are academically rigorous there is time for participants to experience the UK while they are here.
Norwich, and the wider area of Norfolk, give our programmes the perfect setting for participants to experience both the picturesque English countryside along with all that a major city has to offer. One of Britain’s top ten shopping destinations, complete with a Premier League club and a vast amount of cultural and historical heritage, it is a fantastic place that is very easy to visit during a stay at UEA. You can find out more about Norwich and Norfolk here.
Norwich is only an hour away from Cambridge and less than two hours away from London, so during our previous programmes many participants have taken the chance to explore more of the country when they are not busy studying. Some have travelled as far as Edinburgh and Dublin, while others have taken advantage of Norwich’s International Airport to go to Amsterdam, Barcelona and Oslo.
Below is a taste of the options that we recommend in our short residential programmes:
- Take to the wheel during an evening riverboat cruise along the Norfolk Broads, enjoy a live band or disco on the waterways and watch the sun set over the beautiful countryside.
- Visit the famous sights in the nation’s bustling capital during an exciting day trip, where you could meet the Queen’s Royal Beefeaters, take a trip on the London Eye or go shopping down Oxford Street.
- View the mysterious Stonehenge and the glorious Roman Baths during a two day trip to Bath and Oxford.
- Enjoy a traditional guided punt along the River Cam during a day trip to the historical university city of Cambridge.
- Explore the expansive Holkham Hall, one of Norfolk’s stately homes, and enjoy a traditional Sunday roast dinner in a quintessentially British pub.
- And much, much more!!