Academic lead: Dr Usha Sundaram
Accreditation: 20 UCU/10 ECTS
Academic level: Undergraduate level 5
Are you fascinated by the world of brands and branding? Do you wonder how advertising brings the power of brands to life, and makes them resonate with our emotions?
This intensive and interactive module will help you explore the connection between advertising and marketing communication techniques - and how they shape brand messages.
You'll delve into both theory and practice in branding and advertising, and apply them to your own branding campaign. You'll get hands-on experience creating advertisements, posters, TV commercials, event marketing campaigns and social media strategy and in website design.
Field trips may include
BBC Voices Workshop (The Forum, Norwich), London’s Museum of Brands and The History of Advertising Trust.
See our 2018 students work
By the end of the module students will be able to
- Understand, apply, and analyse theories of marketing communications in a practical manner
- Create an actual marketing and branding campaign using a variety of advertising and promotional methods
- Create an actual visual advertisement (moving or still) using production techniques learned on the module
- Create and communicate a digital marketing campaign including the basics of a mobile optimised website, a search engine plan, and an effective social media campaign
- Present your findings to an audience and communicate your brand values
None – Some basic understanding of the world of business and advertising would be advantageous.
Hear from our Alumni!
"Our professors were the best. They were enthusiastic and devoted to their students. I won't forget them!" Ludmilla from Brazil, Branding, Advertising and Digital Marketing 2017
“I have picked up cross cultural communication skills and learnt to work with people from different places” Grace from Singapore, Branding, Advertising and Digital Marketing 2018
"What impressed me most is the patience and kindness of all the staff, who always tried their best to help me solve any problems and gave me as much support as they could." Chun Li from China, Branding, Advertising and Digital Marketing 2019