We welcome applications from students of all ages* and backgrounds. As well as the chance to gain academic credit towards current degrees and study an academic area of interest, the International Summer School is also a chance for applicants to develop skills, knowledge and confidence to help them with their future career aspirations.
To be eligible for a place on an academic module on the International Summer School 2016, students must fulfil a number of requirements:
- Have a minimum academic level of a high UK 2:2; equal to a US Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or equivalent.*
- Be enrolled at a university, in receipt of an offer or ready for university, or be a recent graduate.
English Language Level
- Where a student’s first language is not English, we require evidence of proficiency in all the components of writing, speaking, reading and listening.
- Have a minimum English skill level of IELTS 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or PTE 62 with a minimum of 55 in each component (or equivalent).
- We also accept a number of other English language tests. Please email us if you are taking or have taken a different English skill level test or to find out details of countries where students may be exempt from providing this evidence.
- Be aware of student visitor visa arrangements for nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland – if required.
- You can find out more about visa requirements on our Visa Information page.
- Arrange appropriate medical and travel insurance before departing for the UK from their home country.
- Be aged 18 or over on 25 June 2016.
*Gifted and Talented 17 year olds
Gifted and Talented 17 year old high school students will be considered for a place on the International Summer School 2016. These students must be at least 17 years of age on 25 June 2016. In addition to their main application we also require these students to submit:
- A letter of consent from their parent or guardian.
- A copy of their high school transcript to date.
- A sample of work relating to their module choice.
- A letter of recommendation from their current school/college.
- Proof of English skill level of IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) with a minimum of 6.0 in each component – where English is not the first language for students.
- Written acknowledgement that the student is aware of the child visa process for their home country for students aged 17 – if required.
Please see here for further information regarding the admission of applicants under the age of 18 to UEA.
Contact us if you require further information regarding eligibility or academic equivalencies.