We welcome applications from students of all backgrounds. To ensure all students benefit from summer study, we require evidence of academic and English language proficiency where English is not the first language.
- All applicants should be age 17 or over*
- All applicants are expected to have attained a high UK 2:2; equal to a US GPA of 3.0, or equivalent.
- Non-native English speakers need an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or an equivalent score on an approved English test.
We assess all applications on a case-by-case basis, so please contact us if you require further information regarding eligibility or academic equivalencies.
*Gifted and talented 17-year-old high school students will be considered for a place on the International Summer School 2018. These students must be at least 17 years of age on 30 June 2018. 17-year-old students will be allocated a private room in a shared flat where a residential member of staff will be living for the duration of the programme. Students will receive 24-hour emergency contact details and information on how to access additional support if needed.
In addition to their main application we also require these students to submit:
- A letter of consent from their parent or guardian
- A copy of their high school transcript to date
- A sample of academic work relating to their module choice
- A letter of recommendation from their current school/college
Please make yourself aware of visa regulations for your home country and if necessary apply for the required paperwork within the allocated time period, once you have received an offer for a place at the International Summer School. You can find out more on the Visa Information webpage.