Reaching the end of your course

Once you have completed your studies at UEA, it is important that you take the necessary action(s) to protect your immigration status in the UK. Students studying on a Student visa should either:

  1. Leave the UK before the end date of your current visa permission
  2. Apply to extend your immigration permission in the UK, before the end date of your current visa permission

It is very important that you take one of these actions before your Student visa expires. Failure to do so could result in ‘overstaying’, which is a breach of the Immigration Rules and could cause problems if you wish to apply for immigration permission again, in the future. If you think you will have problems taking one of these actions in time, please contact Student Life immediately.

If you would like to remain in the UK after you have completed your current course, there are a number of visa routes that might be suitable for you. If you are planning to continue your studies on a new course with UEA, you will need to apply to extend your Student permission.

You can read more about the other immigration routes available on the UKCISA website. One of the most popular routes is the Graduate route, which opened in July 2021:

Graduate Route