Immigration Bail

If you have a change to your immigration status and you are placed on immigration bail, you must let Student Services know as soon as possible.

Contact us

This is for two reasons. Firstly, we want to make sure that you have the support you need in a potentially difficult time. Secondly, as your immigration sponsors, the University need to make sure that you are still able to study and can comply with any conditions to your bail.

A Student Life (International) Adviser will meet with you regularly to support you and check with any conditions you have been given. Please make sure you bring your latest Bail 201 letter with you to your meetings.

We would also advise you to speak with an immigration lawyer to help you with your case.

Below is a list of law firms and services that specialise in immigration law that are located in or around Norwich. However, we do not recommend any law firm as we cannot be responsible for their services or fees. You may wish to find other immigration lawyers to help you that are not on this list.

The Citizen’s Advice Bureau also has information on Immigration and how to get legal advice for your case.

  • Leathes Prior
    01603 610911

    74 The Close, Norwich, NR1 4DR
  • Birketts LLP
    01473 232300 24-26 Museum Street, Ipswich, IP1 1HZ (there is an office in Norwich, but the immigration team is based in Ipswich)
  • Anglia Immigration Law
    01603 927676

    Sackville Place, 44-48 Magdalen Street, Norwich, NR3 1JU

  • Fisher Jones Greenwood
    0845 5435700 Norfolk House, 23 Southway, Colchester, Essex, CO2 7BA

  • Norfolk Community Law Service
    01603 496623

    St Clements House, 2-16 Colegate, Norwich, NR3 1BQ (Free legal advice drop-in. Tue & Fri 12.00, for 15 minute appointment)

  • Norfolk Citizen’s Advice
    03444 111 444

    Millennium Library, The Forum, Millennium Plain, Norwich, NR2 1TF