What is Preparing for Social Sciences?
Preparing for Social Sciences allows participants to work with current undergraduate mentors and academics to make a successful transition to university study.
With online mentoring, taster workshops, shadowing days and employer led sessions participants can fully explore what their university future may look like and develop key skills to help with their future study and careers.
Why should you sign up?
- Try it out, before you make that decision
- Gain insight and experiences
- Receive guidance and tips to help you make the right course choice
- Become part of the university community
- Explore careers and build your employability skills
You will take part in all of this and more during the rest of Year 12 (L3 Yr1) – end of Year 13 (L3 L2).
- Subject taster sessions
- Academic skills sessions
- UEA Campus student shadowing
- Application support
- Careers and employability events
What subjects can you explore?
- Physical Education, Sport and Health
- Social Work
- International Development
- Live in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, or Essex
- Be currently in Year 12 or Level 3 Year 1, starting Year 13/ Level 3 Year 2 in September 2022
To help us to plan for and allocate places on the programme, we also asked applicants to rate their confidence in skills in four areas. There are no right/wrong answers.
If you have any queries about the eligibility criteria, please get in touch - email@example.com
Applications for 2022 are now closed.
If you have any questions, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are part of the Preparing For scheme, you’ll get the chance to visit UEA and get a real feel for what it is like to study in a specific subject area at university.
You will have the opportunity to*:
- Meet current students and academics
- Develop practical and relevant skills in your subject area
- Receive advice on making your UCAS application stand out from the crowd
- Enjoy getting to know like-minded students
- Explore our university
*All activities are subject to change due to the Government and UEA’s COVID-19 guidance.
There is no cost to attend, and we will even arrange and pay for your transport to and from UEA. If your application is successful, you will automatically receive a place on the events and follow-up activities, and we will be in touch with more details.