Applying to study medicine can be daunting, especially without any experience of university in family to draw upon. Medical Aspirations supports forty year 12 students on their path to studying medicine through participating in free activities.
We're super proud to have received a commendation at the Neon awards in 2019 for the Medical Aspirations programme.
When: Three events including an introductory day on 17 February, followed by a ‘skills and communications’ day on 7 April and a two-hour online reflective event on 15 May 2021
Application Deadline: 5pm Thursday 26th November 2020, applicants will hear the outcome of their application by 18 December 2020.
Eligibility for applications:
- Live in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough or selected areas of Essex*
- Be in year 12
- Have the GCSE grades needed for one of the UEA medical courses. If you are planning on retaking GCSEs to achieve this level, you are still eligible to apply but need to outline this in your application.
*You must attend one of the following sixth forms/colleges: The Sixth Form College Colchester, Havering Sixth Form College or SEEVIC College, OR you currently attend or attended (before sixth form/college) a school where 25% or more pupils are eligible for pupil premium funding/free school meals at any time during the past 6 years – see the full list (hyperlink to attached file).
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- No family experience of Higher Education (i.e. university degree, HND, HNC, teacher training in this country)
- Household income for the tax year 2019/2020 is less than £35,000
- Have been in or currently in Local Authority care (not applicable for adopted students).
The scheme is to help aspiring medics from areas and schools where the number of applications is normally low. This means we may also consider your home postcode and school.
If you have any queries about the eligibility criteria, please get in touch – email@example.com