Discover university this summer.
What are you doing in the holidays? Explore university with Summer Schools at UEA.
Due to popular demand, we are now running two Year 9 Summer Schools. The programmes are identical, the only difference is the dates.
Year 9a - 24-25 July 2017
Year 9b - 27-28 July 2017
Get away for two days and one night, exploring what life is like as a student at UEA in Norwich.
What will I get to do?
- Find out what university life is like
- Stay in a bedroom with your own bathroom - just like at university
- Make friends
- Try new subjects
- Explore a campus university - everything is all in one place
- Experience activities our students do in their free time
- Meet our university students
It's completely free!
Transport, food, accommodation and activities are paid for by UEA. There is no cost to you or your family.
Why should I go?
Find out if university is a place you would like to go in the future. This will help you make your decision.
People often feel nervous about going somewhere different and meeting new people. Our student ambassadors will be there to help. They will tell you what university is like and share their tips on making friends.
Who's it for?
Year 9 students who would like to find out more about going to university. It's never too early to start thinking about your options after school.
Places are only open to students from schools in Norfolk and Suffolk. Priority will be given to students who come from communities with little experience or tradition of going to university. For example:
- You are/were in care or;
- You are a young carer or;
- You have a disability, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty or;
- Not many people from your school or where you live go to university or;
- You would be eligible for a UEA bursary if you went on to university (household income is under £20,000).
The Year 9 Summer School is not open to:
- Students who attend private or independent schools - this includes those awarded bursaries or scholarships
- International students
- Students outside of Year 9
- Those who do not currently attend a Norfolk or Suffolk school.
How do I apply?
You can apply online through our website. Applications are open until 31 May 2017.
We will ask you for a teachers email for reference. Please ensure that you detail your teachers email address correctly to enable us to contact them.
The Year 9 Summer School is popular, so we have decided to run two. Select the date(s) you would like to attend on your application form.
Got any questions?
If you would like to ask us anything about university or the Summer School, please give us a ring on 01603 591521 or email email@example.com.