Discover university this summer.
2017 applications are now closed. Please come back early 2018 to find details for next years dates.
Year 11 Summer School dates are 12-14 July 2017.
The programme involves a three day residential, staying in halls of residence at UEA.
What's the programme?
Our summer school programme is full of activities to give you an insight in university life. For example, you'll get the chance to:
- Live in en-suite halls of residence
- Make friends
- Explore a campus university
- Discover your passion for a subject
- Consider your future career
- Sample activities from the Students' Union
- Gain independence
- Develop transferable skills for further study and employment
- Get involved in social activities
- Meet university students
It's completely free!
Transport, food, accommodation and activities are paid for by UEA. There is no cost to you or your family.
Who's it for?
Year 11's going on to college or sixth form.
Places are only open to students from schools in Norfolk and Suffolk. Priority will be given to students who come from communities with little experience or tradition of going to university.
- You are/were in care or;
- You're are a young carer or;
- You have a disability, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty or;
- Not many people from your school or where you live go to university or;
- You would be eligible for the full living cost loan amount if you went on to university (household income is under £20,000).
The Year 11 Residential is not open to:
- Students who attend private or independent schools - this includes those awarded bursaries or scholarships
- International students
- Students outside of Year 11
- Those who do not currently attend a Norfolk or Suffolk school.
Why should I attend?
Have you considered university as an option? Our summer schools give you the chance to explore the possibilities. By applying to college or sixth form, you know the subjects that interest you. Select a subject area for the residential and delve deeper into the field you find most fascinating.
Also consider whether you would like to study locally or further away; this is your chance to experience a slice of university life and see if it's for you.
Which subject area should I pick?
Consider the subjects you enjoy at the moment and think about the type of career you would like in the future. Read through the different project areas below and see which one(s) appeal to you. Mark the project areas in order or preference on your application form.
- Time to explore - ever considered traveling the world? How do you actually get out there and exploring? Using subjects studied at UEA discover what it takes to circumnavigate the world.
- Activate - ever considered where a career in Sport could take you? Is it all about being the sports star? Using subjects studied at UEA explore the hidden aspects of Sport.
- Who Cares? - ever considered all the people who support our everyday world? How many people support a person during their year? Using subjects studied at UEA develop an understanding of who can influence and support everyday life.
- Future Me - ever considered what the future holds for us? Where is our world taking us? Using subjects studied at UEA, unearth the world of tomorrow.
How do I apply?
Unfortunately the 2017 deadline has passed. Please come back in early 2018 for further information on next years series.
We will ask you for a teachers email for reference. Please ensure that you detail your teachers email address correctly to enable us to contact them.
Got any questions?
If you would like to ask us anything about university or the residential, please give us a ring on 01603 591521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org