All Summer Schools are now closed.
Discover university this summer. Attend our Year 11 residential at the University of East Anglia, Norwich.
Wednesday 6 July - Friday 8 July 2015
Three day residential staying in halls of residence at the University of East Anglia, Norwich.
What's the programme?
Our summer school programme is full of plenty of activities to give you an insight in university life. For example, you'll get the chance to:
- Live in en-suite halls of residence
- Make friends
- Explore a campus university
- Discover your passion for a subject
- Consider your future career
- Sample activities from the Students' Union
- Gain independence
- Develop transferable skills for further study and employment
- Get involved in social activities
- Meet university students
And it's completely free!
Transport, food, accommodation and activities are paid for by UEA. There is no cost to you or your family.
Who's it for?
Year 11s going on to college or sixth form.
Places are only open to students from schools in Norfolk and Suffolk. Priority will be given to students who come from communities with little experience or tradition of going to university.
- You are/were in care or you are a young carer or;
- You have a disability, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty or;
- Not many people from your school or where you live go to university or;
- You would be eligible for the full living cost loan amount if you went on to university (household income is under £25,000).
The Year 11 Residential is not open to:
- Students who attend private or independent schools - this includes those awarded bursaries or scholarships
- International students
- Students not in Year 11
- Those who do not currently attend a Norfolk or Suffolk school.
Why should I attend?
Have you considered university as an option? Our summer schools give you the chance to explore the possibilities. By applying to college or sixth form, you know the subjects that interest you. Select a subject area for the residential and delve deeper into the field you find most fascinating.
Also consider whether you would like to study locally or further away; this is your chance to experience a slice of university life and see if it's for you.
Which subject area should I pick?
Consider the subjects you enjoy at the moment and think about the type of career you would like in the future. Read through the different subject areas below and see which one(s) appeal to you. Mark the subject areas in order or preference on your application form.
- Arts and Humanities - drama, english, history, languages, media, other cultures, philosophy, politics
- Medicine and Health Sciences - healthcare or the NHS, science
- Science - biology, chemistry, computing, engineering, geography, maths, pharmacy
- Social Sciences - business, education, geography, law, psychology, social work
How do I apply?
The deadline for Year 11 Summer School Applications is now closed.
(Paper application forms can be requested from the address below)
Got any questions?
If you would like to ask us anything about university or the residential, please give us a ring on 01603 591521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send completed application forms to the address below:
Recruitment & Outreach office
University of East Anglia
Norwich Research Park